Tuesday 24 March 2009

JOAO PAULO RIBEIRO

Bklyn Link:

Having been reading Sang Bleu for the past few weeks, i would like to show some respect for an artist which has caught my eye and been inspiring me.

Featured...Joao Paulo Ribeiro for his stunning, powerful yet simple photography.

The first thing that hits me is his use of film rather than digital. I would also choose film over the later format. For film, menages to express and convey that purity, realness and shear powerful substance that seems to get lost with digital. Don't get me wrong they each have there plusses and minuses but for me, the only way to truly touch and move the viewer through the art of photography has to be via film.


Film hits hard, pulls at some deep pain and always seems to give me a sense of nostalgia....keep film alive!!!

www.joaopauloribeiro.com

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment